Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Generation Baby Boomer

As a result of being a grandmother (gosh that just sounds so old) I have started to look at my life with a little bit more perspective. I'm not crazy about getting older, but as we all know it's inevitable. I plan to both fight it all the way and accept what I can't help.

A friend sent me this cartoon:
It implies that we don't see ourselves as we must appear to others. It's true; I feel in my head the same as I did when I was in my twenties and thirties. It's actually quite a shock to look in the mirror and see my mother looking back at me (no offense mom, you're looking great at 89!)

Then the same friend sent me this cartoon: "Generation Y"

You know? I don't feel so bad any more. I think I'd prefer to be slightly appalled at my age but have my pants on all the way.
:-)

3 comments:

Shirin Modaresi said...

Well, I hate that my parents don't look like their 20 anymore either (heck, my husband isn't even in his 20's anymore), but at least you're healthy and athletic and doing great! I expect to have you at least another 50 years!
-Shirin

Anonymous said...

It's a lot easier to get past the looking old part. It's the aches and pains of feeling old that try one's soul....

- Your Big Sis

Tita said...

Oh come on. You're not old...Aging is only real if you believe it is. You still look like my same mommy. :)