
Saeed and I love clever cartoons, especially when they involve animals. His all time favorite (and probably mine) is "Calvin and Hobbes." The relationship between a boy and his toy tiger is a joy to behold. My point, however, is that we love it when the message is one that puts animals in a positive light, especially if it represents animals as being better than humans. We feel that for all of homo sapiens' increased abilities they also have increased defects. Animals do what comes naturally as dictated by their genetic code and rarely (there are always exceptions) strike out to hurt another being without a valid reason such as self-defense or to obtain food. No doubt nature can be cruel, but humans supposedly have the power of reason. Despite their increased capacity for critical thinking humans manage to make such stupid, selfish decisions and cause so much damage to themselves and others.
So... I agree with the parrot in the above cartoon. :-)
2 comments:
One more nice post, Ingy, but for all the hours of putzing on your computer, I had expected a more substantial post--longer, more pictures. I very much enjoy reading your blog so that is why I am aware of how long or short it is.
Ok then, check back in tomorrow!
Post a Comment