Friday, September 19, 2008

I Miss Grandson #3

We will be going to Athens this weekend and it goes without saying that I can't wait to see Cyrus-joon again, but I got to thinking about how much I miss my third grandson, Cha Cha. Obi is grandson #1, Mr. Nichols (aka Pickles) is #2, and then there's Cha Cha, the first dog in my life. We were so against Anahita getting a dog at a point in her life when she was not stable, still moving yearly, and had limited funds for herself let alone a dog. On a practical level I still think it was a poor decision but as for Cha Cha himself - he's great! He has been Anahita's best friend and companion through thick and thin, and his personality is irresistable. I really, really miss him. Maybe she'll move back to the eastern side of the U.S. and I can look into those soulful eyes again.

2 comments:

Tita said...

It makes me smile to think that you miss Cha Cha. He is truly my best friend and, as you said, has been with me through thick and thin. People find that he is a very special creature. He has a very special personality that you can never forget. Mommy, I don't blame you for missing him. He is truly wonderful. :) Thank you for putting his beautiful picture on your blog.

Saeed said...

Looking at the handsomely doggy face of Chacha, I do miss him very much. Anahita might not get me to take the time off and pay the money to gp to California, but Chacha just might.