Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chaotic Carrot Caper Creates Coma

The alliterative title describes this post nicely. Yesterday Mr. Cyrus added to his repertoire of rice cereal with his first serving of carrots. It was quite an experience.

First he acquired a fresh diaper.

Then he dressed up in his carrot-eating outfit.

After being seated at the head of the table Cyrus grabbed the spoon to let his mom know he was ready. Notice the clean chair, the clean tray, the clean baby.

Mmmm... carrots. Heil Hitler.

Grabbing, grabbing everything.

Hey - those carrots are good - I want some more.

Checking out the magical little jar with the good stuff in it...
... and trying to get every last drop.

All done mom - I love carrots!

... I'm starting to feel sleepy.

THE CARROT COMA

At the bottom of yesterday's post Cyrus typed a brief comment. This picture is of him doing that (notice the carrots on his tummy and right sleeve, though considering the melee the shirt is quite clean.) I was keeping him while his mom took a quick nap before settling down to study. You can see that I had tried to use the blue octopus as a buffer between the busy hands and my keyboard, but even five-month old babies can be very strong and the stuffed animal was easily bypassed.
So, if you want live action of the carrot chaos watch this:
Part 1


Part 2


Before he comes home again I will need to have purchased 1) a drop cloth and 2) a baby bathtub!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My suggestion would be to forgo dressing Cyrus before feeding. Saves on at least the baby cleaning.

As I think back I think there was a reason that in most of our baby pictures we were only in a diaper especially when we were home and in the warm weather.

Ingrid said...

Yup - live and learn!

To be honest, when Shirin was putting on his clothes I don't think she actually intended to move straight to the carrots. It was sort of a spontaneous decision... oh well.