Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sorry Holly

Yesterday I felt really bad about cutting short my "chat" with friend Holly on FB. I was sitting in the living room with my laptop catching up a little bit with Holly when I heard a pitiful moaning sound on the other side of the dining room doors. Banu has the habit of calling me back over to her side by crying at the closed door. You might think I shouldn't respond, that by responding I'm reinforcing her crying for me. Exactly! I can't resist her pleas and neither can Saeed. If I don't get up quickly enough he'll call out to her, "She's coming Banu, she's coming!" Fortunately Holly is also an animal lover and was understanding. Here was her answer to me when I wrote to her later (preface: she's been out of town for about a week): "She's so worth it :) I miss my kitties, dog, lovebird, bunny and those silly goats right now!"

Kitties, dog, lovebird, bunny and silly goats? Clearly I need more animals.

The softest most fragile powderpuff in the house, Banu.

No comments: