The sun was just coming up as we left for the market.
This man was one of the few vendors at the market yesterday. Normally in the winter months the market opens every other weekend, but this year there were several vendors who were willing to come the imbetween Saturdays for a "mini-market". We talked with him about his chickens and learned that he is one of the original farmers (he and another guy) that began the Matthews Farmers Market 20 years ago. It was cold, in the twenties yesterday, so he didn't even have to keep his eggs in the cooler.
Despite the temperature (I love cold weather even still) I went for a walk. Our neighborhood is full of hawks and owls. I had a stare down on Friday with an owl in our backyard and saw this hawk on my walk. They are so beautiful and majestic and I love them, but I try not to think about who they're eating.
The rest of the day was grocery shopping and laundry. Today I'm doing some cooking for the week and finishing the laundry but everything stops at 2 pm for the Bears game. Saeed has a bet with Gabriel (who took the Packers, that traitor) and M & K are certainly going to be watching it too.
I'll be wearing my Bears shirt which I purchased a couple of years ago.




4 comments:
Yeah, Gabriel told me we'd be rooting for the Packers, but I think I'm on your side. I've been partial to the Bears for too long to turn traitor, even for my hubby.
I can't believe you get up that early on purpose on a Saturday, but I guess it's fun once you're up.
-Shirin
The only times we get up that early on a Saturday is to come to Athens and go to the farmer's market. If you don't go early there may not be any eggs left, though recently they've had plenty. Otherwise my Saturday morning (and Sunday's too) alarm clock is named Lupe. :-)
So sorry that we let you down. Now we'll have to root for those @#$%^&* cheese heads.
- Your Big Sis
No kidding! My T-shirt goes back in the drawer for seven months.
Post a Comment