Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Family Christmas Part 1

I say Part 1 only because I'm not sure how far I'll get before I have to get ready for work; I may have to post these in two installments.

Tita had to leave Cha cha, Mr. Nichols and Delilah at home of course, so she soon recruited Delilah's sister, Lupe, for some fuzz therapy.

The next day Shirin and the boys made it to RH.

Tita hadn't seen Kai since he was three weeks old so she had some schmoozling to do.

Looks like they're hatching a devious plan.

Telling Tita all about it.

Kai still preferred books to food...

... but he's doing better each time we see him.

Havin' fun!

Tita gives Kai a good tickle...

... and Kai shows how much he loves his Khaleh Tita in return.

Just loves flirtin' with the ladies.

So is he really laughing or just imitating us?

You've seen this one before. Chappu is the main cat for babies.

I love listening to Cyrus talk and explain to us that he's being silly.


The next morning Cyrus and I made muffins.

He did a great job. I can tell he helps Mommy fix food at home.


Cyrus doesn't smash or crush the walnuts, he "bams" them:


Kai can't help in the kitchen yet. He just hung out and looked cute.

They must have turned out good.

Cyrus "helped" his Mommy fill the bird feeders:


You can tell Cyrus loves Kai so much.

Oops... no really he does.

I sang this song for days after they left:


This song lasts forever. Eventually Cyrus just sort of goes into a Gummie Bear coma:


Hamaseh arrived after the kids went to bed. Tita picked her up at the airport and when they got home we sat down to a late dinner. I have since figured out how to set the self-time on my camera; obviously Tita took this picture.

Saeed made a feast of saffron rice, ghemeh, and sabzi, and Anahita and Shirin made that pretty salad. Gabriel hadn't gotten to RH yet. I sure hope he got to eat some of the leftovers.

3 comments:

Tita said...

This is so nice marmy! Thank you for posting these :)

Gabriel Beal said...

We had a great time. The boys love it at your house...probably more than being home. By the way, I think Kai was 3 months old the last time Tita saw him in October at Saskia's wedding, but I'm sure he's very different now, nonetheless. I haven't watched the videos yet cuz I'm home alone with two boys and don't have the time. Also, I can't believe you'd rather blog than sleep in the morning!
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

I can either stay up late and do it or get up early and do it - it's the same either way. I think I'm just a morning person, and I don't have much choice. Lupe wakes me up early no matter what!