Monday, May 23, 2011

The Charlotte ALS Walk

Shirin already blogged about this but I'm still going to put up some of my pictures because she is in them! She and I took the boys to walk in honor of Irysse Crimmins, Lisa's mom who has ALS. It was a beautiful day and there were lots of walkers. Just click on any picture if you want to see it bigger.

Shirin is getting a work out with that stroller...

... believe me I know. See her walking with Bill (and no stroller) because she gave ME that heavy stroller to push. Look at Kelly struggling to push Quinn!

Somehow they made it to the end of the walk with their old Namma.

Hey Bro! Wake up! There's a wooden bee on your cheek.

Irysse uses a very cool gadget to communicate. She types out what she wants to say and the pad says it out loud. I'm sure it's frustrating for her but at least she can still make her funny comments that keep us all laughing.

Irysse and Shirin (notice Irysse's purple nail polish!)

Nursing in the shade of a tree.

The Crimmins had a nice back yard party after the walk.

Cyrus ran around with the other kids and Lisa's husband Dan...

... while Shirin held a very sleepy baby and talked with Irysse.

1 comment:

Gabriel Beal said...

Thanks for posting!
-Shirin