We went to the Farmers' Market today. They were promoting two things today: peaches that are being sold as a fundraiser, and herbs. In the newsletter they explained:
Early peaches, like the Rich May variety that will come to market on Saturday, are "cling" peaches, which means they are a bit firmer than "free-stone" peaches and "cling" to their pits. Cling peaches have good flavor and color and are great to cook with. We didn't buy any since we like free-stone peaches. Hopefully that will also be a fundraiser; I feel bad when I don't participate in a money raising venture. And how a fundraiser? The profits help the market pay for improvements and fund part of its operating budget.The Charlotte Herb Guild was present this morning. They provided information about herbs generally, and crafts and recipes for herbs. There were many herbs being sold by the farmers as well.
Welcome to Herb Day!
Now that I have a bike I looked at these bikes wistfully, but I don't think it's be a good idea for Saeed and me to ride our bikes to the market on I-77 and I-485. We plan to ride locally later today.
I am always drawn to the flowers.
close up of snapdragons
Even turnips and onions look pretty at a farmer's market.
We bought tomatoes from this guy, but truthfully, they were grown in his greenhouse.
Music right up Anahita and Shirin's alley: bluegrass.









2 comments:
I miss my Farmer's Market! Too bad I was busy yesterday.
-Shirin
Yeah, I love going.
Post a Comment