Saturday, May 7, 2011

Larry's Visit

Anyone who knows us will remember our bestest old friends Ellen and Larry. We have had the pleasure of Larry's company this weekend as he stopped by on his way to Myrtle Beach for a week there with his mother and brothers. It's been wonderful and yet we've missed Ellen's presence so much. Ellen's sister, Mary, is struggling with end stage ovarian cancer, so she's back in Ohio. I wish her and her family the best as they go this.

We've spent most of our time together catching up on all the family details, and it's been fun for me to hear the two psychology professors return to their conversations about students and academia as if Larry had never left. When he and Ellen lived in Rock Hill he (and maybe Ellen too?) particularly loved Saeed's "Persian burritos" so of course Saeed fixed that for old times' sake. As Saeed cooked, Larry said fondly that he hadn't smelled that smell in so many years.

When I asked them to pose on the deck they stood about six feet apart. I suggested that they act like they knew each other and this is what I got:

Ah, that more like it.

Thanks Larry, for going through the extra trouble to visit with us. It's been so good. Next time hopefully Ellen can come too.

1 comment:

Gabriel Beal said...

So good you guys got to see him.
-Shirin