Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What A Storm!

It woke us up at about 12:45 AM with tremendous wind and constant thunder and lightening. It wasn't long before the power went out, necessitating my trip downstairs to retrieve my cell phone so I could set an alarm. Back in bed it was impossible to sleep as the storm continued LOUDLY for about an hour. Layli and Banu ran for cover as Lupe jumped up on the bed to cuddle, totally uneffected by the storm.

Waking up to no electricity I fed the kitties, took a nice warm shower (thanks to the gas water heater) and packed my toiletries via flashlight, and headed out the door.

Immediately across the street a tree was down, blocking Wimbledon Lane, and once I got out to Twin Lakes Rd a large fallen tree was blocking it too. Huge branches and debris were everywhere. After navigating a couple of detours I made it to work where I put on my makeup and dried my hair. Thank goodness the office had power; apparently 30,000 homes were without power in York County. Despite the blocked roads and lack of electricity all our patients showed up this morning! Man, no rest for the wicked. :-)