Sunday, April 1, 2012

Anahita's Recent Visit

Anahita flew into Atlanta to spend two days with the Cyrus and Kai before coming here. Her flight got her there late and she got up early the next day so by the time she got to our house she was in much need of some R & R.

Tita finished Hunger Games while here. She left RH with the next two books in the trilogy in her carry-on.

Shirin gets a good morning kiss from Kai.

Awww.

Of course Shirin was tired too and Kai took advantage of his horizontal mother to cop a snuggle. No wonder she's always tired.

Baba is always doling out the raisins, dates, and walnuts. He knows the way to his grandsons' hearts.

Mr. Conehead.

Kai plays well by himself.

Kai completed three puzzles without help before he tried to do this one with the alphabet. Too hard.


Anywhere is a good place to read a book. I'm not sure if my sister remembers but when the girls were little she bought them books in which they were the main character and the locations and friends were local. This book is one of those books. Cyrus loved being read a book about a girl named Shirin who lived in Rock Hill, went to St. Anne's School and had two best friends named  Lisa and Anahita.

Outside for some basketball and...

...walking.

This cooking competition* made me nervous. I've always hated it when the girls had to compete against one another. I happily left the scene and played with the boys upstairs.

Lunch at Cherry Park.

Cyrus couldn't be bothered to eat with all the other boys to play with.

Kai finally lured him to the table.

I'm not sure what that face means, maybe "I'd rather be playing than eating"?

No one can turn down a sub though.

It took Tita a while to feel comfortable with Kai going down the slide by himself. We all worry that he'll kill himself because he's fearless but actually he does very well.


After Shirin's family went home we posed for some pics. Had I known I would've worn something a little nicer...

Tita suggested that the outside was a better back drop.

The bearded one almost smiled.

I love this picture. We were at the Ethiopian restaurant in Charlotte.

We were so full of Ethiopian food that we went to Winthrop to show Tita all the changes and walk off some of the fullness.

We did honestly walk but sat on the swing to soak up the sun.

* For Christmas Gabriel got Shirin and Anahita a mock version of Chopped. He organized it, bought the ingredients, and with David's help carried out the "show" and videotaped it. At some point we'll get to see the finished product. I think the winner got some sort of prize, but the gift was the experience itself since both girls really like the show and really like to cook.

1 comment:

Gabriel Beal said...

Thanks for posting. I can't wait til Gabriel edits the show "Sliced." Tita and I had a lot of fun.
-Shirin