The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian.
I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Monday, May 14, 2012
The Weight of the Nation
I plan to watch this tonight and tomorrow night. As I watch the trailer I wonder if there's anything in it that I don't already know, but I am overweight and will watch it because I should. It's on tonight at 8 PM on HBO (parts 1 & 2) and then again tomorrow night (parts 3 & 4) at 8. Here's the trailer.
I know it. I sometimes think about how disappointed Dad would be. He always used to say, "The best exercise is to push yourself away from the table." Ha. Right.
If you have HBO-GO you may be able to catch parts 1 & 2 after all. HBO-GO isn't available in this area (can you believe it?) because our service hasn't agreed to carry it, so I stayed up late to finish it. Yaaaawwwwnnn. I want to watch it tonight again. I'll be a zombie tomorrow. I feel sure it'll be available in reruns which is our version of HBO-GO!
Much of what I saw I already know, but they definitely included some "what to do" research which is nice. You would think the statistics of increased incidence of disease and death would be enough to scare people skinny, but it's clear that people need more than that to lose weight and more importantly to keep it off. I find the information about children particularly frightening and sad. These kids are experiencing chronic diseases in their teens and twenties that we usually get in middle age.
6 comments:
We're recording it. It's gotten a lot of buzz. If only we could learn something that we could implement successfully....
-Your Big Sis
I know it. I sometimes think about how disappointed Dad would be. He always used to say, "The best exercise is to push yourself away from the table." Ha. Right.
I heard about this today on NPR. I need the help too. Sigh...
-Shirin
I'm watching it now. Wow.
Bummed I missed it. Will try to catch it tomorrow.
If you have HBO-GO you may be able to catch parts 1 & 2 after all. HBO-GO isn't available in this area (can you believe it?) because our service hasn't agreed to carry it, so I stayed up late to finish it. Yaaaawwwwnnn. I want to watch it tonight again. I'll be a zombie tomorrow. I feel sure it'll be available in reruns which is our version of HBO-GO!
Much of what I saw I already know, but they definitely included some "what to do" research which is nice. You would think the statistics of increased incidence of disease and death would be enough to scare people skinny, but it's clear that people need more than that to lose weight and more importantly to keep it off. I find the information about children particularly frightening and sad. These kids are experiencing chronic diseases in their teens and twenties that we usually get in middle age.
Post a Comment