Sunday, August 12, 2012

Better Late Than Never

We planted a green pepper plant not long after we planted the tomatoes, mint and basil. It grew and grew to the height of my shoulder but no fruit appeared. We decided to enjoy it as a big beautiful plant. About a week ago we noticed some flowers and look at it now:

 This pepper and the next are about 1 1/2 inches long...

... so they have a ways to go.

Catching the peppers in all stages of development. My camera didn't know where to focus.

Five little babies. Needless to say we're excited by the prospect of organic fresh green peppers. Hope they taste as good as our tomatoes have!

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Yum!

Ingrid said...

I know I can't wait! I must add a caveat regarding our tomatoes: although they are very delicious (they are very tomato tomatoes*) they are small - about the size of a plum.


* reference The English Patient as she feeds him a plum she's peeled with her teeth and she asks how it tastes and he slowly answers, "It's a very plum, plum."