Thursday, November 28, 2013

Lupe's Dental

Lupe did have to have a tooth pulled. Due to the anesthesia she was very befuddled when we brought her home and she tore out of her cat carrier like she was possessed! Of course she had very poor motor control, so what part of the house did she aim for? Right for the stairs and went tumbling down. With my heart in my throat I ran down to find her hiding in the piano room, fortunately none the worse for her unintended slalom down the stairs. Thank God our stairs are carpeted and she landed on carpet at the bottom. As many cats as I've brought home after being put under anesthesia none have ever done that; they usually just tumble out of the carrier and swagger drunkenly for a couple of hours, but I learned my lesson. By 10 pm most of the loopiness wore off and we could let her go anywhere she wanted. She loved her pain pill this morning (chicken-flavored pill pocket is the way to go!) and she's back to normal.

That's why we call her Loopi-Lu!

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Yay. Glad she did OK. Obi did that same thing once after his neuter, but I don't think I let him fall down the stair. :)
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

You may want to warn your patients' owners to keep them away from stairs until the juice wears off. It was crazy.