Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Last Thanksgiving we had David join us. This year S invited Lisa and Dan & family. Lisa is very open to vegetarian fare, Dan less so, but he was a good sport and tried everything including the Tofurkey. I guess I know how he felt about it though since he went back for seconds for everything but the Tofurkey. :-)

Other than the Tofurkey we actually have a very standard American Thanksgiving menu: stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, corn (Lisa & Dan brought that), cranberry sauce, gravy, and pumpkin pie. Everything was vegetarian of course. My better half said it was the tastiest Thanksgiving yet. I think that's because he likes the Tofukey 'turkey' better than the Quorn 'turkey'.

I tried and failed to get the entire group in the picture, so...

... here's the right side of the table and...

... here's the left side of the table. The little girl at the head of the table is Dan & Lisa's first born, Josie. Taylor who is 2 1/2 months old was asleep in the car seat carrier.

Josie proved the old adage that the tryptophan in turkey will knock you out! Actually since we didn't have turkey it was probably just her nap time.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: