Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Lisa and Dan's Wedding

I'll let the pictures do the talking, but my photographic results were less than great. I guess I shouldn't quit my day job to become a wedding photographer! If you want to see some really nice pics go to Shirin's Snapfish site, but here we go:





The best man, Shirin and Anahita were the readers. Since they were reading from the bible the priest had asked them at the rehersal whether they were Catholic (I guess to see if they could handle the readings?) The best man said, "Um, I think so....." Shirin said they weren't Catholic but that she and Tita had gone to Catholic school. He seemed OK with that.


Tita also sang the only vocal piece during the wedding. Shirin or Gabriel will put that up on YouTube if you want to listen to it.



They hired a bus to bring the wedding party to the reception.


The bride's happy parents.

Lisa dances with her husband....

....then her dad.

Silly girl put her veil over her dad during the dance :-)


Saeed and Gabriel doing what men do best at weddings.

This was their wedding cake... yes doughnuts. Apparently Dan loves doughnuts, so this was Lisa's idea.
It was a lovely wedding. Mr. and Mrs. Dan Morris will be honeymooning in Italy. Wonder if they have doughnuts in Italy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see everyone all gussied up. While the photos always look better in your mind, I thought you did a fine job with what you shared. The only thing missing is a photo of you!

The Big Sis

Ingrid said...

Big Sis,
As you and Ken well know, the photographers are rarely in the pics. Suits me fine! No squinty-eyed camera eyes.