Say what? That doesn't sound near as romantic as the lure of the strawberry, yesterday's title. But I got a call from a friend with a garden who had more collards and cabbage than he or his family could possibly eat. Yesterday after work I went to his back yard and picked 4 or 5 cabbages, red and green, and three grocery bags filled to the top with collards. He gardens organically too, so I was happy to relieve him of his burden! Saeed has already made something yummy (Persian dish with lentils, can't remember the name) with one of the cabbages. Yum! Maybe I need to ask my gardening friend to plant some organic strawberries too (just kidding!)
The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian. I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
The Lure Of The Collard
Say what? That doesn't sound near as romantic as the lure of the strawberry, yesterday's title. But I got a call from a friend with a garden who had more collards and cabbage than he or his family could possibly eat. Yesterday after work I went to his back yard and picked 4 or 5 cabbages, red and green, and three grocery bags filled to the top with collards. He gardens organically too, so I was happy to relieve him of his burden! Saeed has already made something yummy (Persian dish with lentils, can't remember the name) with one of the cabbages. Yum! Maybe I need to ask my gardening friend to plant some organic strawberries too (just kidding!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yum, I'm jealous. Bring me some of that!
-Shirin
Post a Comment