Sunday, April 20, 2008

Didn't Want To Go Home!

We had the best time last night at Mehrdad and Marzieh's home. They've moved into a new house and you know how much extra work is involved with that, so we've seen less of them in recent months. As the title indicates, we stayed a long time and still didn't want to go home.
Marzieh is a very good cook. Not only does she cook genuine-by-the-book Persian food, she also cooks an Indian dish she knows I love. The dish is called Paneer Makhni and she makes it with tofu for me and I swear it's just as good. I love Paneer (Indian cheese) but she knows I try not to eat dairy if at all possible, for animal suffering reasons. She, herself, was once vegetarian and totally knows what to do with tofu!

Mehrdad and Saeed were patiently waiting (or perhaps not so patiently) for Marzieh to serve the food and Lua and I were running around. When I stopped to take a picture of the boys I asked her to sit with her Dad and you can tell by her face that she wished she were still running around! But Mehrdad held on tight for me.

Lua ran to get her camera so she could take a picture of me as I took a picture of her.

In reality, her picture taking skills need some refinement (well, she is only three.) So I gave her my camera to take my picture and she would point the lens in all sorts of directions. As the subject, I had to move around to get myself in the field of focus. Here was the one "successful" picture!

After our scrumptious dinner we couldn't resist the pleasant weather and went out for a walk in their neighborhood. Since Lua is still learning how to ride a bike the helmet is a must, but she has lots of "poofs" (braids with clips) to adjust so the helmet will go on.

As you can see, the helmet is riding high and will probably protect her poofs better than her skull. One day she'll have to have a helmet with room for her poofs.

The boys.

Lua almost made it all the way home, but right about here she decided being carried home by her Daddy was the way to go.

Lua is such a smart little girl and listens well to her parents. Eventually she crashed and had to go to bed, so we did get some adult time too.

No comments: