Well, even though we've been getting rain we're still restricted from washing our cars at home till our lakes and reservoirs fill back up after last year's drought. Instead, we have to take our cars to the car wash where the water is recycled. Today I was waiting behind a guy in a pickup as he got the "super duper fancy pancy la di da with undercoating and spray waxing and drying" special car wash for a billion dollars. His truck looked to be on its last leg, I mean wheel, with rust in all the places where the paint had come off. It made our old cars look like show room cars! But there he was, getting the best wash for his wheels, happily paying for the most expensive option that took a full 15 minutes. Eventually I was able to get in and get my $3.99 econo-wash. The pollen is gone for now. I wonder if the car will be covered with pollen in the morning...
The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian. I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
One Person's Junk, Another's Treasure
I had to laugh today as I was waiting at the car wash. First let me explain about pollen to those of you who don't live in the South. The pollen down here this time of year coats every surface a pale yellow color. (If you have bad pollen allergies you're doomed!) The photograph is the storm drain at work one day last week after a good rain. The pale powdery stuff you see is the pollen from our cars and asphalt as it's been washed into the pile of leaves near the drain.
Well, even though we've been getting rain we're still restricted from washing our cars at home till our lakes and reservoirs fill back up after last year's drought. Instead, we have to take our cars to the car wash where the water is recycled. Today I was waiting behind a guy in a pickup as he got the "super duper fancy pancy la di da with undercoating and spray waxing and drying" special car wash for a billion dollars. His truck looked to be on its last leg, I mean wheel, with rust in all the places where the paint had come off. It made our old cars look like show room cars! But there he was, getting the best wash for his wheels, happily paying for the most expensive option that took a full 15 minutes. Eventually I was able to get in and get my $3.99 econo-wash. The pollen is gone for now. I wonder if the car will be covered with pollen in the morning...
Well, even though we've been getting rain we're still restricted from washing our cars at home till our lakes and reservoirs fill back up after last year's drought. Instead, we have to take our cars to the car wash where the water is recycled. Today I was waiting behind a guy in a pickup as he got the "super duper fancy pancy la di da with undercoating and spray waxing and drying" special car wash for a billion dollars. His truck looked to be on its last leg, I mean wheel, with rust in all the places where the paint had come off. It made our old cars look like show room cars! But there he was, getting the best wash for his wheels, happily paying for the most expensive option that took a full 15 minutes. Eventually I was able to get in and get my $3.99 econo-wash. The pollen is gone for now. I wonder if the car will be covered with pollen in the morning...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment