Shirin and Gabriel have made one last trip home before Cyrus is born. Gabriel has a project to complete with Clayton so he and David left to spend the weekend with Clayton in Raleigh. This left Shirin to hang out with the folks. Notice I didn't say old folks!
Usually Shirin sits at the kitchen table and studies, but today she had a harder task: she has to make a decision regarding her choices of senior rotations for calendar dates March 2009 through May 2010 (graduation.) This would also include any desired externships to occur during this time. Whatever schedule she decides has to be turned in by May 9th 2008 and it's basically irrevocable. If I had to do this I wouldn't be smiling; I can't even schedule a flight home till a month or two before I want to go.
I came back 20 minutes later and she was still struggling with it. Deciding exactly what you'll be doing two years from now is some heavy stuff. The smile has turned into serious concentration. The decisions are complicated by the fact that she'll also have a baby's needs to consider. Since he's not even here yet, it's pretty difficult to imagine some of that.

I leave Shirin to see what Saeed is doing. He also is in deep thought as he analyzes a patient's results from the neuropsych testing he did last week. This is just the first step; tomorrow he'll spend many hours writing the report. I'll go back to check on Shirin's progress...

... and Obi's looking out the kitchen window as Chappu takes a break from chasing mousies (she's actually got her eye on one that's on the floor.)

The day wasn't all work, though. We had a nice meal at Jaipur Indian Restaurant. I felt sort of bad while eating the ghulab jamun. Shirin reminded me that Gabriel loves them. The next time we come to this restaurant we'll need a high chair. It's hard to imagine.






No comments:
Post a Comment