Now that the academic year is finished Saeed is happily back in the yard. It's amazing how the place is starting to shape up after relentless attention from my yard boy :-) He loves to be outside close to nature, digging around getting his hands dirty, and he wears his bloody scratches from the rose bushes like a badge of honor.
Today's pictures will show a few of the flowering bushes he's planted. I'm ashamed to say I don't know any of the names of these bushes (well maybe one) but I make up for it in appreciating the beauty of the blooms in all their glory.
This was in March after a rain (things look bright green.)

This is that same bush!

It's limbs are heavy with blossoms.

This bee was one of many who took advantage of the pollen.

Look at the bush left of center in March.

Same bush (different angle) in full bloom.

I particularly love the contrast of the pink flowers against the green foliage of the surrounding trees.

These lovely flowers are planted near the ditch drain pipe that goes under our driveway.

Could cement and gravel be made any more beautiful?

This bush is streaming its blossoms out from under the willow tree.

Same blossoms close up.

Most of our azaleas are shades of pink but this one is a flaming scarlet.

This bush's blossoms are so different: gentle, singular, and soft white.

I'll keep you up to date at the summer progresses. Probably the bursting blossoms of spring are finished, but our miniature roses bloom throughout the warm months. I'll save those for another post!
2 comments:
All the "fireworks" looking bushes are called Wygela, or something like that. Sooo pretty.
-Shirin
It's spelled weigela and we have them, too. Mine are pink blooms with variegated foliage and sometimes they bloom again in the fall. I'm hoping that all the rain we've had don't knock all the petals off right away.
- M
Post a Comment