Sunday, June 8, 2008

Babies, Babies Everywhere

Today I struck out on my own, leaving Saeed home to work on his reports. Everyone I know is pregnant, so the goal today was to buy baby presents for several of my friends, all of whom are having baby showers in the next couple of weeks. Let me tell you, Babies 'R Us is a very dangerous place for a new grandmother to go. I did my share to help out the economy today (I hope Saeed isn't reading this post.) When I got home I began wrapping baby gifts and as always I get a lot of "help."
Chappu was very interested in what was in that bag.

She makes sure no one else is near, a quick check to the right...

... a quick check straight ahead...

... and then darts in the bag!

I had to step away to put the laundry in the dryer and when I came back I thought Chappu had moved to the bag on the chair.

Nope! That's Obi.

Bag 'O Cat as our friend Larry would say.

He got disgusted with me taking his picture and turned the other way.

I left him alone till he did this. Too cute!

Despite all the distractions everything's wrapped and ready for the parties. I haven't seen Chappu in a while; perhaps one of my friends won't mind an orange little kitty in with the rest of their gift.

1 comment:

Gabriel Beal said...

I would've loved to get a bag of orange kitties at my baby shower! :)
-Shirin