Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Warm October Saturday

The weather has been perfect the last couple of weeks. We've had the windows open and no need for air conditioning or heat (although one night it was cool enough to start up the fireplace.) Today it got up to 80*F but it felt more like 74*. Saturday is our day to do chores, primarily take the recycling and trash to the center, go to PetsMart, and go grocery shopping. Today the weather made these tasks actually enjoyable.

While Saeed finished loading the truck I saw these roses along our sidewalk that obviously don't know that it's October....

..... because they're still budding new flowers despite the cool nights.

Happily some of our shopping is done at Earth Fare, so OF COURSE we had to eat lunch there. After scrutinizing the labels for evil ingredients Saeed choose a very yummy vegetable soup.

Somebody's got a great complexion from all that healthy eating.

Yum.. makes me crave a salad.

My plate had curried vegetables and vegan soy nuggets. This combination was so incredibly delicious I may have to call Earth Fare every day to see if it's on the bar so I can go get some. Honestly, I didn't think the nuggets would be good but they were scrumptious.
Now we're back home with the kitties who must have napped all day and are ready for some string-chasing and some smoozling. Life is good.

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Your Earth Fare is so good! I can't believe ya'll finally have one. We need to go this weekend when we come home.
-Shirin

Tita said...

Looking good daddy! Your belly is less pit. :-)