Thursday, March 12, 2009

The New Office

As I mentioned in a previous post my office has gone to electronic medical records. In the long run it will be a good thing, but transitions (especially since we're still using paper charts in addition to the electronic records - double work) are always challenging. Using the EMR software is beginning to feel comfortable.

I have also just transferred to my permanent "secondary" office in Fort Mill. For many years I worked for a doctor in the Rock Hill office only, even though he also worked in the Ballantyne office (he had a different nurse there.) Being seven minutes away from my office suited me just fine, but a decision was made to have us follow the doctors to whichever location they were working. This meant that I was required to drive up to the Ballantyne office (which is about 30 minutes away) for six months while the Fort Mill office (15 minutes away) was being built. Rock Hill is still my primary office, meaning we spend more time there than at our secondary office.

The new Fort Mill office.
(actually this is the back side where I enter... I didn't think to take a picture of the front entrance, which is prettier with pillars and a circular drive- duh)

Our new office is one of five medical practices inside this building. In addition to our practice there is an urgent care center, a cardiology practice, family medicine, and a pediatric office. I'm glad to know that if he works me too hard I can always go to the urgent care center for treatment. :-)

The front area. I think it looks like a hospital foyer.

The Rock Hill office, despite being in an old rundown building, will always be home. The Fort Mill office is shiny and new, but it's just not home. I guess over time, like breaking in a new pair of shoes, it too will feel comfortable.