Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pics Of The Snow

Two weeks ago when we had our big snow my desktop was having some issues. Now it's happy again and I have been able to process my photographs from that morning. As I came out the back door the back yard was still quite dark and had a mysterious feel to it, but as I walked into the front yard (which faces the northeast) the sun was rising. What a beautiful morning it was.

No bike riding today!

Our gutters have never hosted icicles before.
(they're new gutters)

The sun coming up in our front yard.
I love this picture.

Our cedar tree branches got pretty heavy.

I had to surgically excise the willow leaves from the ice on my car.

The next two pictures show that I was not the first to walk down the sidewalk in front of our house.


A newly planted baby bush nearly covered.

Fluffy looking bushes.

Our holly bushes look quite comfortable with snow on them.

Red maple tree leaf buds with an icy cap.

Camelia flowers hiding under the leaves.

These Nandina bushes look quite happy with snow as well.


And now for my sister in hot, humid Australia where it's summer right now, a video that will make her glad she's sweating instead of scraping:

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Pretty.
-Shirin

Anonymous said...

On a cruise ship viewing videos is impossibly $$$, but I appreciate the thought. Your photos reflect the love someone from the south has for snow seldom seen.

Your Big Sis