Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunrise During The Fast

Sunrises are always beautiful. During the week I don't even notice them because I'm so busy getting ready for work. Many mornings in the winter the sun isn't even up as I'm driving in. Only on weekends or on vacation can one take the time to watch the sky as the sun makes her first appearance.

During the Fast I am up early, before sunrise, on weekends. It's tough to set that alarm on Friday and Saturday nights, but once up I have the opportunity to observe what I miss each week day. This morning the colors were spectacular and the weather was comfortable enough for me to stay outside. It's at times like this that I mourn our busy, hectic lives. What a shame to miss such splendid beauty that is given freely each day. Historically I have resolved to take more time each day to "stop and smell the flowers". The resolution is always sincere but cannot survive the press of work week demands.

For today, though, I have stopped to enjoy.

3 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

I know what you mean. Casey made us watch the sunset in St Pete over Christmas and I couldn't remember the last time I'd done that.
-Shirin

Saeed said...

What a fine camera! Or, is it the woman behind the camera? Neh.

Ingrid said...

The woman, definitely the woman.