In May I posted an entry about going to the farmer's market and
buying three tomato plants. It is now about five weeks later and not only have they grown tall and lush, I have blossoms! In this picture you see the plant on the deck, but because Cyrus would love to pluck those yellow blossoms off...

...we moved them up to the deck railing. See the pretty orange hibiscus flower on the lower left? Further below are closeups of it.

Monday I noticed I had more than just flowers.

Whoa - this branch has gone crazy!
Will each of those blossoms turn into a tomato?

Beautiful.

the hibiscus flower below my tomatoes

closeup

I saw something white in the hibiscus pot...

... not unexpectedly, a mushroom has sprung up. It's been very tropical here lately, raining every afternoon or evening, so lovely.

Hopefully soon I will be able to take pictures of red tomatoes. Better yet, hopefully soon we will be
eating red tomatoes!
No comments:
Post a Comment