The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian. I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Is It Time To Move On?
It's been eight months since Teddie died. I've been toying with the idea of changing out her picture from the top of my blog for weeks, months really, but I just don't seem to be able to do it. Removing her picture feels like I'm letting her go. Saeed and I have her pictures as the background wallpapers on our desktops and laptops, so it's not like I would be taking her pictures away from anywhere else, just the blog. Perhaps it's not time, since writing about it makes my eyes tear up, but it seems like I should move forward. Sometimes when Layli (the torti who is mostly black) runs by I think it's Teddie only to be jolted back to reality. I just don't want to be one of those maudlin pet owners who talk about FiFi as if they are their long dead spouse. Maybe I'll just change it to other pictures of her over a period of time and then begin to rotate her pics with others.... a sort of weaning. I'll give it a try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good idea. It's hard to accept a precious kitty's death, for years even.
I miss Teddie too.
-Shirin
I'm sorry, mommy. I know it's hard.
Thank you my sweethearts. It is very hard.
Post a Comment