As we approach the end of the year many people are looking at their donations for income tax purposes. I just wanted to remind folks that they may want to check out the prospective charity on two accounts: how they manage their money and whether they abuse animals in their research. To look up an organization's financial health go to Charity Navigator. To find out whether an organization does bad things to animals in the process of doing good things for others go to The Council on Humane Giving's Humane Charity's Seal of Approval site, represented by the symbol you see in this post. From their website: The Council on Humane Giving offers an ever-expanding directory of charities that fund only humane, human-based research or patient services, as well as a list of corporations that have pledged to support such charities.
I forget what I was doing the other day but the result of my 'click' would have initiated a donation to BreastCancer.org. I looked it up on the Humane Charity website and there it was: APPROVED! YAY! On the other hand my company participates in the annual walk for the Susan G. Komen organization (also raising money for breast cancer) but I never participate because of their persistent practice of inhumane animal testing. BLEEP! NO WAY! "Race for the Cure"? Yes, but not at any expense, not at the expense of unwilling innocents.
2 comments:
Thanks for the website. We'll definitely use it.
-Shirin
Thanks. That makes me happy. :-)
Post a Comment