Since I just blogged about the book Solar, I thought I'd mention that President Obama plans to put solar panels on the White House.
In the 1970's President Carter (I love Jimmy Carter) was the first to put up solar panels and in his infinite wisdumb President Reagan removed them. An organization called 350.org has campaigned the White House to do it again, saying that it (the White House) can become the symbol, the billboard for renewable energy and for solar energy specifically. I hope they do it and I hope it becomes the cool thing to do, like Michelle's backyard gardens.
Then they need to find a way to make it affordable. Really.

3 comments:
Good for them.
-Shirin
Carter is a wonderful human being and puts his beliefs into practice. Only Clinton may come close in devoting so much of his post-presidential time to service. It is ironic that we are returning to many of the things Cater said about the economy and environment. However, this also illustrates his fatal flaw - his inability to lead and motivate the country - a skill that Reagan, who probably already had Alzheimer's early in his first term, had in such abundance. Together they would have been a great president.
- Your Big Sis
Yeah, too bad the person with the political charisma had the less beneficial (in our view) ideas.
Post a Comment