Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Hands Upon My Face


MY HANDS UPON MY FACE

I felt the hot water flowing into my upturned hands,
My face waited impatiently, expectantly, for its treat.
It felt like heaven when my skin finally sunk into the pleasure,
My hands upon my face.

Before my skin had had enough I rose with new awareness -
What if I couldn't move my arms toward my face?
What if I couldn't cup the hot liquid that was caressing my skin?
What if I couldn't put...  my hands upon my face?

I thought of Irysse and others like her,
Whose bodies have become uncooperative traitors,
Who have as much right to the pleasure I feel
When my hands are upon my face.

I looked down at my hands, cupped and flowing.
I looked up at my face, flooded with knowing.
Slowly, I dipped my head with reverence and gratitude
To feel my hands upon my face.

2 comments:

Tita said...

Awww. Mommy, this is beautiful. And how nicely it is presented. I love that you do creative stuff like this. You are a deep person. Daddy is such a lucky guy ;).

Ingrid said...

Thank you azizam.