I took them in twos, with a single appointment at the end for Tippy, the oldest. We think she's about 13 1/2. Chappu and Frosty Paws went first; I can't be sure but I think Chappu is 9 and Frosty 10. Both of their blood panels came back normal, particularly amazing for Frosty since he's about the size of a small Volkswagen. They both need their teeth cleaned.
Tippy nestled between Chappu and the hulk.
Then came Banu and Lupe. Both of their blood panels also were normal but Lupe's teeth are pretty bad. She has an appointment to get her teeth cleaned and probably one tooth removed. Banu's teeth were great. She eats only dry food, though wet is supposed to be healthier. Dr. F said the dry food may be part of the reason her teeth are in such good shape.
Lupe and Banu, prisoners lookin' for a way out.
Saving the best for last, our little old Tippy is fine too! Since all but her front teeth were pulled years ago due to decay & gingivitis, her remaining teeth are fine. He checked her for glaucoma: her pressures were normal. Her blood panel & urine specimen were also normal. Better yet, her blood pressure, for which she is taking Atenlol daily, was totally normal. The heart murmur which Dr. F discovered about two years ago and deemed a grade 3 out of 4 (pretty significant) was not audible. Now, heart murmurs don't go away, so my thinking is that with her hypertension under control the sound of blood rushing through her heart wasn't as noisy. Needless to say, since we just lost Obi who was also 13 1/2, hearing that Tippy was in great shape brought happy tears to my eyes.
I pulled this picture of Tippy and Obi from the time when he lived on Tippy's side of the divide. I'm not ready to blog about him yet, but I loved how gentle he was with her and their closeness.
And a video of Tippy taking a bath. It's at least one and a half years ago since our living room wall was pink.



1 comment:
They are lucky kitties. Love you guys.
-Shirin
Post a Comment