How do I even start this post. Well, I found this fun (crazy)
quiz with the title "How Pakistani Are You" and just had to take it. (I'm 34% Pakistani by the way.) It's fairly obvious what the most Pakistani answers are so if you wanted to, you could figure out how to make your results more Pakistani (when I did that I was 92% Pakistani!) than you really are. Why would you want to do this? Heck if I know.
Anyway, recently I saw this You Tube video of Kashif Memon on a talent search show (the one with David Hasselhoff on the panel.) What a funny cute guy. I've included all you need for this trip: the link to his dancing, the link to the original Bollywood dance he was copying, and the link to the quiz. Shabash and good luck!
Kashif Memon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-uLMjZISEA
3 comments:
The funny thing is that I actually saw this guy on TV when this was broadcast. Since I know what "real" Bollywood dancers looked like, I really didn't think he was very good. I liked his personality, but the lackluster dance and no costume make me sure he would NOT get through to the next round. Never underestimate American's love of novelty...if the real actor came out there and did it for real, they would've known how NOT good Kashif really was, but since most people had NEVER seen anything like this, they loved him. It was all very cute!
Do you know how he finished in the finals? I know he didn't come in 1st or 2nd, just because I know who the winners were.
-Shirin
Well yes, that's the point, that he can't dance, wore office clothes to perform in, and wasn't good at all! He got as far as the top 20 semi-finals, but I don't think he went beyond that. He is particularly likable in his interviews. He gives a big smile when he says that as a result of his performances he's been invited to a lot of weddings. Isn't that what all people are competing for? :-)
Hilarious! I liked watching him first and then seeing the real deal after. It was funny to then recognize those moves but in a really mellowed down and "unique" interpretation of the real choreography. In these contests it's all about entertainment.
Post a Comment