Friday, October 5, 2007

Hot Date

We had a nice date tonight at Earth Fare (aka Fart Fare; see final photo.) It's one of our favorite places to go. Have we been married too long? They have great food in their cafe. First we eat and then we shop. And incidentally, the colors at this store are very vibrant - none of these pictures have had their color intensified.
Outside the store were displays of pumpkins and gourds.
(I love fall)

These were a collection of different types of peppers.

I think these potted plants were called cherry pumpkins.

The little cafe inside.

Poor guy, can't even eat his dinner without getting his picture taken.

Shirin always likes a picture of the food itself.

Vegetable paradise, most of it organic.

All their milks and soymilks are organic,

Can you believe I didn't alter the color in this picture?
Pomegranates on the right.

Just as yummy: smelly candles and skin oils.

Bulk grains, rices, nuts, trail mix, beans, etc.

Bread made from grains I never knew existed, all organic.

On our way out to the car we notice the sign is missing the "h".
Saeed gets creative with the camera (and a neighboring car's antenna) and takes a picture of "Fart Fare."
I can't let him have the camera any more!

5 comments:

Saeed said...

Excellent post; the last picture is priceless.

Ingrid said...

Of course you would like your picture the best! I admit, it is priceless.

Tita said...

Is this Fart Fare in Rock Hill?

Shirin Modaresi said...

OMG--I want those pomegranates soooo badly! I wonder if they are in MY Earth Fare?
What food did you get on your plate? It looked different than the stuff at my deli here.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

This Fart Fare is in Ballantyne. The one that's supposedly coming to RH hasn't been legally siged on yet. Hopefully maybe next year.

The food on the plate is rice, baked black beans in a special sauce, salad, oven roasted sweet potato wedges, and an Italian pasta dish I don't remember the name of. All very yummy.

Your store should have pomegranates now too since they are a fall fruit.