It's raining, really raining, as in drops coming down from the sky in a steady pattern for more than two minutes. I've written previous posts about the drought and the situation reminds me of the movie Lagaan. In Lagaan, the village hasn't had rain in a very long time and they've not been able to produce crops for the British colonialists (the fact that they've not been able to produce enough food for their own mouths doesn't bother the Brits of course.) Early in the movie is the following scene: they see approaching rain clouds, begin to dance with joy, and then watch the clouds move away without releasing one drop of rain. It's felt sort of like that around here. As I write, the people of southern California are suffering, so it's hard to rejoice too loudly, but my heart is filled with joy nevertheless.

The first drops on our sidewalk... more beautiful than a Renoir.The approaching clouds.
1 comment:
We finally got some rain in GA as well. I hope it keeps it up.
-Shirin
Post a Comment