Monday, October 22, 2007

Recycling and Relaxing

Although Saturday ended up being a sad day (see yesterday's post) it actually started out very nicely. It involved our usual chores but we ended up at Winthrop Lake with some yummy veggie sandwiches from Substation II. Despite the drought some of the trees have finally become colorful and the lake area was as enjoyable as ever.

One of our weekly drives is the field trip to the recycling center. When we used to live within city limits the city came and picked up both our garbage and our recycling. Now that we're out in the country (ha, ha) we have to take it ourselves or pay heftily to have a private company come pick it up. Needless to say, we carry it (southern expression) ourselves.
Loading up.

Saeed also bringing a box to UPS to Tita. Hope he doesn't accidently drop it off at the recycling center! (Tita - it's on it's way)

Saeed lugging ....

.... and happy it's done for another week.

The reward - lunch amongst the trees.

We always see people at the lake with their dogs. It looks like so much fun that we wish we had a dog. I watch wistfully and then realize how much I miss Cha Cha :-(

Winthrop students studying, supposedly.

One of my favorite pics.

Winthrop's wetlands area. It still does have water, though way low.

2 comments:

Shirin Modaresi said...

I love Winthrop lake. I plan to take my children there when they are older and can play...I sure loved it when I was a kid.
-Shirin

Shirin Modaresi said...

It's also where I married Gabriel...