Saturday, February 2, 2008

I'm Back Up.... Temporarily

My wonderful Gabriel has figured out the problem with my computer - a part that needs to be replaced involving a fan. My computer is running now because I'm using that part from Saeed's computer which must be returned by tonight so he can use it tomorrow morning. Gabriel will send us the replacement in the mail, so I hope to be up and running again soon. So quickly, here's a run down of events including last weekend in Atlanta/Athens.

As you've probably read in Shirin's blog we went to Atlanta to visit Saeed's niece (who lives there) and nephew (who's visiting from England.) Here is Salar, meeting with his Uncle Saeed for the first time. It was heart-warming to watch these two men try to catch up on 30 years of life events, including stories about Salar's dad (Saeed's brother) when they lived together as college students in the 1960's in the US. Lots of laughs and a few sighs; Salar's dad died a couple of years ago.

Salar and sister Tannaz.

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

Tannaz's husband, Masih, was the kitchen slave! Actually Tannaz and Salar's mom cooked us a most wonderful vegetarian meal. Somehow I didn't get a picture of her, but she was at our house at Thanksgiving if you want to look at those pictures.

We drove from Atlanta to Athens for a brief visit with Shirin and Gabriel.

I got to feel little baby Cyrus kick!

Happily (since our visit last weekend was so short) Shirin and Gabriel came home this weekend. Today Shirin and I chose to make a quick trip to the store together, but not before going out for some...

... Viet Namese food! You will never see Shirin happier than when she is eating some Asian soup. Saeed likes to put people in difficult situations and see how they squirm; I hope he never puts Gabriel on the left, and a bowl of Asian soup on the right, and tells Shirin to pick ONE!
We hope to watch the Superbowl together tomorrow but it starts so late that they may have to head back to Athens. We'll see. If I take any more pics I won't be able to blog them till later. At least I now know the problem and Gabriel can fix it. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you're back. Thanks Gabriel!

- Big Sis

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you're back. Thanks Gabriel!

- Big Sis