Sunday, February 24, 2008

Saturday With Bouzar and Fahimeh

We had such a nice day Saturday and you know I have a hard time selecting just a couple of pictures to post, so this will be more of a photo album than a narrative.

The first thing Fahimeh did Saturday morning was give Shirin two very cute outfits for Cyrus.
Fahimeh is such a sweet person; I really love her.

At the kitchen table, our usual hang out.

This weekend I learned some very admirable things about Bouzar that I never knew before. For example, he has an amazing compassion for animals and humans that prompts him to perform acts of kindness that are truly outstanding and courageous.

Shirin and I took pictures of each other simultaneously.

After two days of cold rainy weather it became warm and sunny, so of course we took a walk at Winthrop Lake.

Sun in their eyes, the two brothers pose best they can.




I really love this picture of Bouzar and Fahimeh but I was shooting into the sun and the result was very dark. So, though it looks washed out I was able to lighten it enough so you can see their faces.

The topic of this particular walk was the capacity of the Persian language, compared to other languages such as English, to express itself accurately and with precise detail.

Unable to contribute to the above mentioned topic, Shirin leads Gabriel to the wetlands habitat.


Now walking back to the car, they are still debating the language issue...

... prompting Shirin and Gabriel to leave us behind and head back to the house so she can study.

We had the pleasure of Tannaz and Masih (silly Masih!) joining us for dinner. Tannaz hadn't seen her Uncle Bouzar and Aunt Fahimeh for quite some time.

As you can see I prefer action pics to posed pics!

After ghormeh sabzi, rice, tadig, mast chiar, greek "chicken," salad and bread, we munched on the yummy sweets and cookies Tannaz and Masih brought from the Persian store in Atlanta...

... with glass after glass of tea of course.

After lots of laughs and good food Tannaz and Masih leave us :-(

In case you were wondering what the cats are doing throughout all this commotion, sleeping was the primary order of business.

Shirin still had the energy and still remembers how to play the piano. She played some of her old standbys and a couple from "Amelie."

We never hang out in this piano room, so it serves as a storage area for our extra Persian rugs. To me, this picture of Saeed and Bouzar sitting on the rugs (instead of the couch) is priceless!

Her audience looks satiated and languorous!
We have had such a lovely visit and I hate it that I have to go back to work tomorrow. Today we just hung out till Shirin and Gabriel had to leave for Athens, but after dinner tonight it's back to the grind. Fortunately Saeed is not committed to return to work tomorrow and plans to cook more Persian food, always a good thing!
Addendum: After dinner I did not return to the grind; we continued to talk and talk till Saeed finally told me it was time to hit the sack! Shab Bekhar.

No comments: