Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ghormeh Sabzi

I am one of those lucky women whose husband loves to cook. In fact, I often say that I married Saeed for his cooking! :-) Growing up in a traditional home with a European mother who was an excellent cook, I never thought I'd marry someone who would feed me delicious meals.
This is what I came home to yesterday after work. Not only did Saeed go to the store to buy what he needed, but he also then washed and chopped all the vegetables to make Ghormeh Sabzi. Persian cooking is fairly labor-intensive.
I just snapped a few pictures to catch him in action.

Notice the wall-hanging behind him with a recipe for "Gugelhupf," a German buttery cake that was my Dad's favorite and which my mom made for special occasions.

The final product. It's served with saffron rice and is DELICIOUS!
Sorry, I'd write more, but I have to go eat some Ghormeh Sabzi for dinner... it's calling my name.
YUM!

2 comments:

Shirin Modaresi said...

Wow! Daddy did a great job! Yum, indeed.
-Shirin

Tita said...

WOW is right! I can't believe he even did saffron rice! You guys are living the large life now that we've left the nest! ;)