As you can see from her posts and mine, Cyrus has taken a liking to a particular Indian CD and will "ask" to hear it by walking up to our stereo, point to it, and start dancing. If I put him in his highchair for a meal without the music he leans to point toward the stereo and begins his Indian head wobble. Per his request we must listen to that soundtrack (to the movie Aaja Nachle) six, seven times per day. I will make Cyrus a copy to take home.
To complete his indoctrination into the pleasures of the Indian culture we had samosas yesterday. They were a bit spicy but he loved them. We kept the milk close by in case he couldn't handle the spice but he did fine. I guess all that spicy food Shirin ate during pregnancy and while breastfeeding inoculated him against what most of we european-types suffer from. It took me years to up my spice tolerance. So I hope Gabriel doesn't mind having dropped off a Georgia Bulldog baby and getting back the next Kunal Kapoor.
Grandma feeds the Georgia Bulldog his first samosa.
Don't let his facial expression fool you!
Don't let his facial expression fool you!

He grabbed the samosa for himself and said, "From now on call me Kunal Kapoor." Avocado was placed for easy access to cool the palate after the spicey stuff, but Kunal didn't need it.

Two unrelated videos from yesterday:
Waking up from a nap is tough. Normally I never turn on the light to make the transition as painless as possible, but I needed light in order to tape. I apologized to Cyrus later and promised never to do it again. (that's a mosquito bite on his cheek)
Saeed trying to write his report with lots of interruptions.
1 comment:
Ha ha. I'm actually reading this from the clinic while you are still taking care of him. I'm so glad he's turning into a little spice-loving Indian baby. :)
-Shirin
Post a Comment