Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Write Your Memoir

Legend has it that someone asked Ernest Hemingway to write a story in six words or less. His response was, “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.”

This lead to the creation of a New York Times bestseller book, Not Quite What I was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Famous Writers and Obscure. Some examples from the book include: “Extremely responsible, secretly longed for spontaneity" and “No future, no past. Not lost.”

What would your six-word memoir be?


I think mine would be Discovers suffering, becomes vegetarian Buddist Baha'i. Not very humorous? How about Loves cats despite constant poop scooping, or Pattooti nurse prepares apple peanutbutter toast? I know, I know... don't quit my day job (as the poop-scooping toast-fixing patooti nurse... hey! that has six words!)

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Yours were funny. I have no idea how to pare down my life into 6 words. I will have to think about that one.
-Shirin

Anonymous said...

needed to see it for myself