Monday, October 18, 2010

Atheist Joke

I've been trying to work on some older photographs that I never posted (such as Shirin's graduation) but am having trouble moving them from my laptop to my desktop. I've made a zip file, I've put them into my email photo folder, etc. but have as of yet been unsuccessful. I may just have to save them onto a CD but I'm trying to figure out something purely e-tech. You may wonder why I don't just put them on my blog from my laptop? Because my desktop is the one with my photoshop software and my backup memory. Plus in an effort to stay up on the latest things I'm trying to solve computer problems just for the sake of solving them.
(*addendum* I just figured it out! Next post: graduation!)

In the meanwhile I'll post this joke. I love it, especially since there are several atheists in my family.

AN ATHEIST IN THE WOODS 
 An atheist was walking through the woods. "What majestic trees"!   "What powerful rivers"!   "What beautiful animals"! He said to himself.
As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder & saw that the bear was closing in on him. He looked over his shoulder again, & the bear was even closer. He tripped & fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw & raising his right paw to strike him.  At that instant the Atheist cried out, "Oh my God!" 
Time Stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.
As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.  "You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident." "Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer"?   The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian"? "Very Well," said the voice. 
The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head & spoke: 
 "Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen." 

2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

I just read it aloud to Gabriel over the phone and we both had a good laugh over it.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

Hee hee hee.