Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Silly Post On Cats, Humans, & Odors

May I just point out an observation? Cats and humans don't agree on what smells good/bad. I have noticed that things that smell good to me or perhaps have very little scent but come out of a bottle will send a cat running. Two examples follow.


Both of us like to put on hand lotion before going to bed. It's winter, our skin is dry & chapped and in much need of moisturizer. What better time than right as you're going to bed? Apparently we are SO wrong about that. Our two kitty bed partners wrinkle up their faces, say "WhewEE!" and jump off the bed only to return when the scent has dissipated.




Hand sanitizer works the same way. Thirty minutes before I left the office I rubbed some sanitizer on my hands. As is my habit I next went up to Sherbet's hill to dole out some lovin' and some kibbles. He took one whiff and took off like a coyote was after him. He sat at a distance of 20 yards and just kept blinking and squinting his eyes at me in horror. And he didn't come back either.


But let me have stinky hands from taking out the garbage, or smelly pants from where another kitty sat their little behind down on my lap, or even morning coffee breath and ahhh..... what a bouquet of exquisite fineness.





Kitty yum yum.

(check out Natalie Dee; she's great)

No comments: