Today it snowed non-stop for 12 hours. It accumulated on some things but melted on the streets and sidewalks. Life was normal. Patients showed up. No big deal.
Tomorrow may be another matter. The forecast predicts more snow, then ice, then snow, then ice lasting into Thursday afternoon. We cancelled Wednesday morning patients hoping that we could open by 1 pm, but if the forecast proves to be accurate the Carolinas will be locked down. I just hope we don't lose our power.
In preparation for my next drive (not sure when that will be) I've backed the car into our front gravel walkway. I explained to Sherbet that he might not see me for a while and left him several bowls of dry food; canned food freezes. He'll need to stay in his little house and hibernate like a bear for a couple of days!


4 comments:
Glad to read your report of weather developments thus far. Your area of the world is certainly in the news. Stay safe!
- Your Big Sis
Thanks! Will update later today.
Good thing ya'll made Sherbet a house. I keep thinking about all the poor animals outside in this weather.
-Shirin
I know it, I'm so glad. Still, I worry that he's out there waiting for me to come visit him. Ours is a relationship comprising 50% food/water/shelter and 50% social. :-)
Post a Comment