Last weekend everyone came home for a family reunion of sorts and we celebrated lots of things: Halloween, the twin's birthday, and Thanksgiving. Fortunately I have daughters, so I get a lot of help cooking this multi-dish meal I used to cook by myself. Although Thanksgiving ends up being all about the food, I felt truly thankful for all the loved ones in my house who are healthy and doing well in these crazy times.Anahita caught up on schmoozling the little Bubbsie. He had certainly grown a lot since she last saw him in late May at age three weeks.

Since Anahita was in charge of making the mashed potatoes Cyrus' Grandpa took charge of the entertainment... which wasn't difficult since Cyrus found Tita's activities fascinating. Well, if you have mashed potatoes you have to have...

...gravy. Shirin makes the best vegan gravy that is so delicious. My mom used to be the gravy maker even once Thanksgiving was held at my sister's house and mom wasn't cooking any more. There is an art to making gravy that Shirin has inherited from her grandmother.

Well, if his Khaleh Tita is in charge of making mashed potatoes, and his mommy is in charge of making gravy, Cyrus is in charge of making MERRY!

Although I was almost too tired to appreciate the delicious food at the time, in retrospect, just thinking about it, it was awesome! Wish I had some now :-)

Saeed, with a full tummy, reflects on the blessing of having his girls home.
(Either that or he's trying to decide if he wants a second helping!)


2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving Modaresi's!!
Cyrus's first Thanksgiving, by the look on his face it was a big success! He is so cute!
Thanks for the gravy compliment. It's fun to make...who knew it was cooked flour with milk slowly added? I would've never guessed in a million years!
-Shirin
Post a Comment