Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lemon Juice In Soup

After not going to Panera Bread for years, we went again last weekend. We'd actually meant to eat at Earth Fare but arrived too late and the bar was being debarred as we walked in.

What does a vegetarian choose at Panera's? Our choice this time was Black Bean Soup and a Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich.

The sandwich is cucumbers, tomatoes, red peppers, lettuce, red onions, feta cheese, cilantro hummus and vinaigrette on whole rye (I chose that over the tomato basil bread.) Yum.

SOMEBODY likes lemon juice in his soup. He tainted his daughters during their childhood and they like lemon juice in their soups too. My mother always taught me to not say derogatory comments about someone enjoying their food, so I'll keep my mouth shut. :-)

(my soup was better)


2 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

I LOVE the black bean soup with lemon juice! The Mediterrean sandwich is also very yummy. Maybe we can go this weekend when ya'll visit.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

Sounds like a great idea.