TED is a small nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas; I've blogged about it once before. TED started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader. The annual conferences in Long Beach and Oxford bring together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers who are challenged to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. More than 450 TEDTalks are now available, with more added each week.
Their mission? "We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world. So we're building here a clearinghouse that offers free knowledge and inspiration from the world's most inspired thinkers, and also a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other. This site, launched April 2007, is an ever-evolving work in progress, and you're an important part of it. Have an idea? We want to hear from you."
It's very likely that I'll post other videos from TED in the future, but I wanted to pass this one on because I just viewed it. The cool time lapse video clips begin about halfway through (at 8 min 30 sec) but he has some beautiful still shots at the beginning along with a nice intro.
No comments:
Post a Comment