The random thoughts & events in the life of an animal-loving, peace-loving vegetarian.
I can't promise to write regularly. And I can't promise that it will be interesting when I do.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Veggie Fest In DC
Ohhh.. I wish I could have gone (said with a whining nasal twang.) Happy World Vegetarian Day!
Yeah. As you know I've been a flexible vegan for about a year now, resulting in what I would guess to be about 85% veganity. Recently though, I've found it easier and easier to exclude eggs and dairy. I love eggs and cheese, but I keep thinking about how the animals that provide these substances suffer as much as those that become meat, and I can't eat them. I'm still flexible though, in the sense that if I have no choice I'll eat it rather than cause a scene or go without a meal. It gives me some peace of mind to to reduce my contribution to the suffering experienced by these unprotected animals. I actually have some blog posts written about these things, but I don't want to grind the ax too much. I'll post them bit by bit.
2 comments:
I should go vegan again.
-Shirin
Yeah. As you know I've been a flexible vegan for about a year now, resulting in what I would guess to be about 85% veganity. Recently though, I've found it easier and easier to exclude eggs and dairy. I love eggs and cheese, but I keep thinking about how the animals that provide these substances suffer as much as those that become meat, and I can't eat them. I'm still flexible though, in the sense that if I have no choice I'll eat it rather than cause a scene or go without a meal. It gives me some peace of mind to to reduce my contribution to the suffering experienced by these unprotected animals. I actually have some blog posts written about these things, but I don't want to grind the ax too much. I'll post them bit by bit.
Post a Comment