Monday, October 19, 2009

The Day Cyrus Went Without A Nap...

...turned out to be a lot more fun than you'd think.

The gang planned to return for another game of 'Vampire' with the Panthers game (they won) in the background. Since Cyrus was up there was no point in attempting an organized game at the kitchen table, so we gathered in the living room for the Panthers game. This suited David, a rabid Panthers fan; note the serious expression and tense body language. Clayton, on the other hand, seems to be fairing better and likes this fiance-thing!

Cyrus properly crouches in greeting with Chappu.

Those are some big feets!

Who wants football when you can go horseback riding?
(notice Obi in the chair)

With all that commotion Obi just slept.

Each time Cyrus comes home I drag this bag full of his toys down from the bedroom. It stays downstairs till he leaves and I lug all the toys back up. Chappu thought it was a great hiding-spot, only the mesh material doesn't really hide her at all and Cyrus noticed right away.

Sweet boy that he is, he only reached in this far.
Sweet kittie that she is, she didn't try to kill him.

What a sweetie.

Anyone who reads this blog can see that we have several vacuum cleaner box 'tunnels' for the cats to use. As Cyrus was following Chappu around she walked through the tunnel. I do believe she was very surprised to see him follow her through there. I'm not even sure that Calvin or Frosty Paws can fit in there!

He followed her to the scratching post...

... then the food bowl. He calls her "Bapoo" which happens to be very similar to his word for diaper, 'bahpoo."

I love it when Cyrus does this: he is signing that he is hungry.

While I cooked dinner Saeed was trying to fix my washing machine. Clearly he was not doing it right and Cyrus had to show him what to do.

The two buddies took a break and sat on the back steps looking for and watching birds.

Two men hard at work.

Cyrus stops to point up to the door window to say 'bur.' I think he really wanted to go back out on the steps to bur-watch some more.

Look at his gesture - he's saying, where are all the burs?

By this time Cyrus was getting really tired. Normally he takes a decent nap at about noon. It must have been about 5 or 5:30 when I decided to take our picture (notice my Chicago Bears shirt; David about fainted.) I said, "Smile!"

Eh hem... I said, "Smile!"

The little bubsy was too tired to smile, even with a little help from a friend.


I was trying to get Cyrus to do the 'hungry' sign:


Notice how Cyrus mimics tying shoes:


Cyrus beat his dad wrestling:


Although he often says 'bye bye' in the video Cyrus also can be heard calling Saeed 'Baba'

No comments: